Tuesday 31 July 2007

#477 - Join the NFT

Timeout said:

Like so many others, you might never use it, but at least membership of one of the great film institutions will make you feel all cultured!

Dave did:

I think if there is one thing all my friends would say about me, is that I have a huge collection of DVD's, and have a habit of buying more!

Of late I've tried to reduce my collection to the core essentials (if anyone would like a DVD of Open Water let me know!), but I guess if there's one membership card I should really have in my wallet, its one for the British Film Institute!

Now I'll be honest and say I looked at this thing and thought "Hey! That's easy, just order a membership pack online and bingo! Another Thing ticked off my list!". Well I received my pack and card today, and on the bridge side, it actually looks like a pretty good deal!

I will now receive a monthly newsletter informing me of the best of world cinema, and reports on popular cultural icons (this month: Andy Worhol!). I've been given two free tickets to an IMAX movie viewing of my choosing, and I get discounts year round for their DVD shop and cinema tickets.

The downside is that instead of a nice sparkling plastic card...I've got a cheap studenty piece of paper with my membership number on it. Not exactly quality stuff, and I doubt it'll last the year, but I guess its better than nothing!!





18 down...982 Things to go!

No comments: