Sunday 29 July 2007

#645 - Go Deco! at the Oxo Tower


Timeout Said:

Check out the distinctive window design that spells out 'OXO', created by Albert Moore in 1928 to get around advertising restrictions (yes to windows, no to rooftops). The Oxo Tower now houses shops, restaurants and flats

Dave did:

I think the Oxo Tower is probably one of the first things you'll notice on the Southbank Skyline when viewed at night (that and the Millennium Wheel of course!). This was certainly the case when I first arrived down in London, and of all the products to be advertised so prominently, I found it quite amusing that a stock cube would be the one London would take most pride in (hey, what can I say? I have a bad sense of humour!).

Apparently there is a restaurant on the top floor, but I couldn't find a way to it, although there was an exhibition on the 4th and 5th floors about the Oxo Tower. Alas it was shut when I got there!

14 down...986 Things to go!

No comments: