Friday 13 July 2007

The Challenge

Right, so here's the plan!

I'm an average, run of the mill 23 year old who drifted down to London for the sake of a graduate job, having spent the majority of his life in a small Scottish village (well not so small anymore, but compared to London still relatively tiny!).

I've been 'living' in London since January 2006 and thus far have yet to be really impressed or won over by the city! I'm ready to leave and escape back up to Scotland, but thus far my work won't let me. Everyone around me seems to think I'm mad for wanting to leave and part of me keeps thinking I'm missing something!


So here's the plan! I've picked up Timeout's "1000 Things to do in London 2007" publication from my local bookstore, and I am prepared to stay in London until I have completed each and every thing they suggest London can provides.





Buy it here!



Only once I have completed each of the 1000 things to do in London, will I then make the final decision to move out of London having done everything it provides.

Worryingly, despite my wish to leave London early in the new year, to complete 1000 things in just a year would mean I would have to complete 3 per day, or 20 every weekend....which is a bit of a tall order!

However, I feel this is part of the challenge, to balance my want to leave with the need to experience all London has to offer.

I'm going to use this blog to document my experiences on each of Timeout's 1000 Things and to make sure I get all of my £12.99 out of my book purchase!

Now if anyone out there has this book, or passes it in the bookstore, please do have a flick through and see if any of your hobbies or interests are listed. Having looked through it myself, there are some 'interesting' things to be done, but given that I'd also like to meet new and interesting people through this challenge, if you already take part in one of the things listed and would like a male companion for your next event then please get in touch at timeoutinlondon@googlemail.com.

Well my start date will be 21st July 2007, so expect my next post soon!

1 comment:

LuluMcBaps said...

Dave,

I'm liking the sound of this adventure.

One might say it's mega double rad super ace-a-tronic fresh soap wicked. Man.

Lou x