Saturday 4 August 2007

#754 - Pop a Coin in the Capitals Best Jukeboxes

Bradley's Spanish Bar

Timeout said:

Probably London's best Vinyl juke

Dave did:

After an afternoon spent out at Alexandra Palace for a works event (a lovely part of London if I do say so myself!) I had arranged to meet some of my friends out by Whitechapel in East London.

...Unfortunately once I got there, I found out they had decided to move on to Picadilly Circus (i.e. central London!!). Usually at times like these I give up and just head home, but something made me decide to stick with our arrangement and head into town instead.

Back in Picadilly Circus, I find them all outside a pub called the Argylle Arms, but alas I cant find it in my 1000 Things! But I grab a pint of beer and ready myself for a night of good decent chat. Lo and behold they suddenly announce their moving again to some "Spanish pub"!

Well I give up once more and decide just to taxi my pint on to the next pub! But alas, this time we find out way to a pub that IS on my 1000 Things, being the beholder of one of London's best juke boxes!

I pop my £1 in and get 3 songs of my choice. Ian (my friend) and I decide on an unknown song called "Danny" (Ian's ode to Danny Wallace and his terrific book - The Yes Man), The Who's My Generation, and finally White Stripes - 7 Nation Army!

So we stand there in the cramped pub, listen to our three songs and proudly step out onto the street in the full knowledge that I have only 981 Things left!




(Apologies for the poor photo quality...I think Ian was ever so slightly intoxicated, and ever so slightly excited that he was there to see me complete one of my Things!)


19 down...981 Things to go!

No comments: