Sunday 12 August 2007

#201 - Admire the city from Primrose Hill, NW3



Timeout said:

A former hunting ground for Henry VIII, this hill is the north of Regent's Park and was opened to the public in 1842. Anti-aircraft guns were sited on the 207 foot tall summit in 1939.

Dave did:

I was on a work comms event at Alexandra Palace a week or so ago, and the view from up there of the London skyline was amazing - especially compared to that on Cornhill! (See Thing #202!)

Seeing how tall Primrose hill was, I held similar hopes of great views as I had done that day (for some reason Alexandra Palace is not on my 1000 things to do...).

I was certainly not disappointed, although the hill is smoothered in aussies sunbathing which did prove a little distracting!

Once more, another nice little spot that I'd happily spend an afternoon sitting around on enjoying the views withh an ice cool drink!




31 down...969 Things to go!

No comments: