Sunday 12 August 2007

#597 - Have a drink at the Dublin Castle pub

Celebrity Favourite Thing - Suggs (Musician and DJ)Timeout/Suggs said:

When it comes to pubs, I love the Dublin Castle. It's a great live music venue where Madness basically started their career.

Dave did:

Heading to Camden Town Station, I felt ready for a nice cool beer before heading off home for the night. I happened to pass a pub which when called itself "The Dublin Castle". It's not often I have a light bulb moment, but when it comes to remembering the names of pubs obviously I'm an expert as I had one right then!

I was sure there was mention of the Dublin Castle in my 1000 things, and after buying myself a nice cool pint and finding a seat outside the front door I checked. Sure enough Thing #597 was recommended by Suggs of the band Madness (of which the bar had a photo of him on the wall). Unfortunately being early evening, the pub had yet to get particularly busy and so I didn't find any irishmen to talk to, but I did buy myself a pint of Guinness in an attempt to fit in!

Unfortunately I was forced to leave on a sour note, as after letting half a family sit at the same table as me, I found myself surrounded by mothers, fathers, cousins, aunts, sisters, brothers, grandsons, granddaughters, nieces and nephews...all talking over and around me as I attempted to make a few calls and enjoy a quite pint!

Apologies therefore for the disgruntled look I have in this photo, but I wasn't best pleased!!



32 down...968 Things to go!

No comments: