Sunday 12 August 2007

#548 - Catch the Bard on the Grass

Timeout said:

The Open-Air Theatre in Regents Park is perfect for summery Shakespeare romps.

Dave did:

My favourite Shakespeare play is probably "the Scottish one" or for those who are prepared to risk their luck - MacBeth.

I'm not entirely sure why I enjoy this one the most, except that I like the way that Lady MacBeth is the driving force behind her man's actions at the start of the play...I can definitely relate to that one :o)

Well Regents Park were showing this Shakespearean masterpiece at the Open-Air theatre and I managed to get a ticket in the main stand.

The sun was beating it down, and unfortunately I was right in its path! But the atmosphere was great, and the performance was good if not a bit surreal as the props used gave it a wartime 1940's feel, rather than the pre-Highland Clearances type setting I have in my mind for the play. MacBeth was also covered in blood every 2 scenes (having a shower in between each!). I can't imagine how much blood they must have got through!



29 down...971 Things to go!

No comments: