Sunday 5 August 2007

#593 - Dip into Hummus Bros.

Timeout says:

A small, stylish Soho fast food cafe that doesn't take life too seriously - and is seriously dedicated to houmous. An excellent operation; may it continue to grow.

Dave did:

I LOVE Houmous!

I absolutely ADORE Houmous!

I adore it so much I always give it a capital H when I write it out!

Of course I didn't always like houmous, or should I say, I never REALISED I liked houmous until recently when I was working out in Israel last summer. Out there I became renowned for my side plate at lunch holding a mountain of houmous on it...and me just taking a few mouthfuls out of it (it was more the excitement of seeing it there and being allowed to take all I wanted that made me build my Mount Houmous each day).

Anyway, back to the Thing! I have actually visited the Hummus Bros. cafe in Soho before on a works leaving party, where (surprise, surprise) an Israeli colleague was finally returning home after working with us for 5 months. Unfortunately we got there and found out that:

a) They don't serve alcohol

b) They don't serve anything other than variations of Houmous!

As a result, we snuck in our own bottle of vodka, and with only chickpeas to line out stomachs got very very drunk, very very quickly!

However, on this occassion I didn't actually go near Soho to experience Hummus Bros. delights this time around.

Once again the Innocent Village Fete provided me with an opportunity to tick off Thing #593 whilst completing Thing #320! The Innocent Fete was quickly becoming my 1000 Things haven!!

So I ordered my houmous with Guacamole and picked up my "Give Chickpeas a chance" pin badge and sat down for the obligatory photo...




23 down...977 Things to go!

No comments: