Sunday 13 January 2008

#994 - The British Library


Celebrity Favourite Thing - Christian O'Connell (Radio DJ)

Timeout/Christian says:
On a Saturday I love going to the library with my dad. The British Library has such a unique aura: there's something very special about the atmosphere. You can feel the knowledge surrounding you. One of the few places in London that's calm and peaceful. This is a noisy city and the British Library is a haven from it.

Dave did:
I've passed the British Library on several occassions, but I've never had the opportunity to properly check it out.

This weekend I was invited to be interviewed for a position on the committee of a London society. The interview was being carried out directly opposite the the British Library - two birds with one stone!

So after the interview (the first time I've ever been offered a dram of whisky mid-interview by the way!) I popped over to the library to cool off.

Its a very confusing place, I'll give it that much! I can see how it could be very soothing and a very comfortable place to study in, but as someone coming in for a quick visit the place has the wierdest and most confusing floor plan! In the 30 minutes I spent there I felt I only found about 2% of what the building had to offer as I kept finding myself back where I started!!

Unfortunately I was working to a schedule, so will have to make a return trip with a good book!




72 down...928 Things to go!

No comments: