Sunday 21 September 2008

#499 - Tour the capital's breweries


Timeout says:
For those whose interest lies more in the drinking than the watching, London boasts a handful of bars with their own micro-breweries - a refreshing change from the usual mass-produced lagers. Greenwich Union is the fine flagship of Meantime Brewery.

Dave did:
The weather was fantastic this Sunday and so I decided to head over to Greenwich for the first time in my 3 year history of London travels. I have to say I really did like the place, very homely! Unfortunately the same can't be said for their signage!

Heading up towards the Greenwich Union for one of their own beers I walked into the bar and couldn't find any sign of their Greenwich Meantime beer. So I settled for a Youngs Special (telling myself its not a beer I'd normally drink so therefore it would count).

Half an hour later I leave only to discover that I was in the wrong bloody bar! On approach to the pub you will not that there were two signs on display:



And if you were on the other side of the road you would have seen 2 pubs side by side:



Muggins here had to go and order yet another beer to sort this mess out (and it was far better than Youngs Special!). I highly recommend Meantime Brewery, they have beers of all sorts (fruit, stout, lager, ale, pale ale....) and the bar itself is very bright and airy. A good Sunday afternoon pub!

118 down...882 Things to go!

No comments: