Sunday 23 September 2007

#938 - Attend the London Design Festival

Timeout said:
The London Design Festival showcases the extraordinarily creative nature of the capital's desgn scene.

Dave did:
Having conquered the British Museum, and inspected all the dead bodies therein, I made one final effort to drag my parents over to Covent Garden where I had read that the London Design Festival was hosting an free exhibition in the Piazza.

Well after walking in and around the Piazza several times, sitting down and having something to eat whilst asking the waitress if she had heard of it (she hadn't), and about to give up on the whole thing altogether...I caught a glimpse of a red poster in the distance that closely resembled the London Design Festival logo.



On closer inspection I found that it was in fact the exhibition hall...under construction, and due to open tomorrow!!!

I couldn't believe that we had walked all this way and without being able to tick off one more Thing in London! As fate would have it, however, as I turned to leave defeated I found a glass bench in the middle of the street.



Ok, so it wasn't just any old bench, but it was a London Design Festival sponsored piece of art...with a special sign reading "Keep off the Glass", cleverly placed on the astro-turf grass.

So in my eyes I've attended a part of the London Design Festival, and it gave me a small chuckle (glass-grass...classic!)


42 down...958 Things to go!

No comments: