Saturday 29 September 2007

#595 - Spot London Weather Vanes (2/6)

Timeout said:
A winged dragon built by Robert Bird in 1674 sits on a Wren steeple. This fine nine foot long monster can be found high above cheapside.

Dave did:

Its a rare occassion these days that I find myself in central London during the working week, but as it happened I was in such an occassion this week and had the chance to spot another nearby weather vane (ooh lucky me!).


Now having spotted the altogther rather odd grasshopper weather vane near the start of my 1000 Things adventure, spotting a dragon I felt would be a lot simpler, and lets face it dragon hunting is definitely a lot more exciting!

If you don't believe me, check out Mr. Batty's guide to dragon hunting in London (http://www.jimbatty.com/articles/dragonphotos.html) where he expicitly states that such a hunt requires 'patience, a sharp eye, and your wits about you. Unlike many other tourist subjects, images of dragons rarely offer themselves up...'

So don't just take my word for it! Dragon hunting is a whole new ball game, and I was about to find my first just outside my work offices at St. Pauls!




44 down...956 Things to go!

No comments: