Monday 24 September 2007

#306 - Watch Tower Bridge Opening

Timeout said:
When unveiled in 1894, Tower Bridge represented a dazzlingly pioneering feat of engineering. To watch Tower Bridge in action is to see why London was once the most technologically advanced city in the world.

Dave did:
Its a funny old world we live in (I've always wanted to use that phrase!), checking out today's timetable for the opening of Tower Bridge, I found that a ferry ship called "The Waverley" was passing through the bridge twice in the space of half an hour.

Ok maybe thats not the most hilarious thing you've read today, or indeed in the world, but what was quite weird was that the Waverley is usually ferrying tourists around the West Coast of Scotland where I used to go with my family on Easter holidays (and still do every summer with my friends). The fact that it had somehow found its way down to London was beyond me (its not exactly a big or indeed fast moving boat...and I certainly wouldn't want to be a passenger on that voyage around the British Isle!)







44 down...956 Things to go!

No comments: