Sunday 11 November 2007

#300 - Bowl

Timeout said:
What did bowling in London used to mean? A retail park in the suburbs, usually. Changes have rolled into town. Perhaps influenced by the stateside successf of 'boutique' bowling alleys - darker, less sticky, with bars, dining areas and no kids - Londoners have been enjoying an alternative to the retail parks in the last 18 months.

Dave did:
Flicking through the 1000 Things book, I came across this entry and realised I had inadvertently ticked this one off at a school friends stag night a couple of months ago. Rather than retro-fit this into the chronology of this blog, I've decided just to add it on here.

I headed down to Bloomsbury Lanes, where the entire place is fitted out like a 50's diner, with about 6 bowling lanes, a dance floor and a bar. Really nice place, although a bit crowded, and it became clear pretty quickly that I still suck at bowling (although I did score a strike once!)




49 down...951 Things to go!

No comments: