Sunday 25 November 2007

#16 - Get your hands on the latest Apple gadget

Timeout says:
The Apple store is a glass-staired mecca to Mac design. All that shiny chrome and cool white looks so good that after a minute or two your palms will be sweating with the urge to touch but also reach into your pocket and drop a month's salary on the latest bit of Apple wizardry.

Dave did:
Its the end of November and Apple's new iPhone has finally invaded Britain!

Work had just awarded me some gift tokens in recognition for my recent efforts and so I found myself standing around Oxford Circus directing tourists to all sorts of sights and shops. Why you might ask? Well a student friend of mine had refused to take the tube and instead walk from Victoria to the centre of town and so I had to wait from the London-newbie to make his arrival before going off to spend my tokens.

As I looked around aimlessly at how maddeningly and frustratingly busy the streets of London were (why oh why would anyone come to central London to 'relax' via retail I'll never know...its packed and such a waste of time!), I noticed that there was an apple store just down the road on Regents Street. At this moment a very rare lightbulb lit up in my head and with a quick text to my meandering student I was on my way down to the apple store to check out the latest iPhone gadget!

Surprise, surprise the place was packed! But after hanging around for a good 10 minutes I finally got my hands on a demo of the iPhone, albeit with 2 minutes worth of battery life left! A quick fiddle around with the inbuilt camera and I had seen enough. Nice as it is, I doubt I'd ever use many of the functions it provides - give me a GPS system on it and then I might consider buying one....but still as fashion goes you cant go too wrong with the apple!



51 down...949 Things to go!

No comments: